I found this idea on Pinterest and Instagram. If you search ” tbr jar ” you can see examples.
If you are like me, you have 300+ books on your “to read” list on Good Reads and you have trouble deciding what book to read.
The things you need:
- Your reading list
- Materials to decorate the outside
1. You can use any type of jar you want. I picked a clear jar so I can see inside. I bought my jar at Target for $1.99 where I also found some labels to label my jar “The Book Jar” but you can decorate your jar any way you like.
2. First you will need to cut the paper to the desired size. I picked colored paper so I could see them inside the jar.
3. Next write down the titles of books you want to read onto the pieces of paper. I picked 20 titles from my Good Reads list.
4. Place all of the pieces of papers into the jar and shake.
I made a list of all of the books I put in the jar to avoid duplicates. For the books that are in a series, I just wrote down the title of the first book. There is something I cannot decide though. If I pick a book that is a series, do I just read that book? Or do I finish the series before I pick from the jar again?
Here is a list of my books to read:
- Until the next time by Kevin Fox
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
- Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery #1) by Laura Childs
- The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1) by Jeanne DuPrau
- Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbooking Mystery #1) by Laura Childs
- Slavery Inc. : the untold story of international sex trafficking by Lydia Cacho
- I Heart New York by Lindsey Keik
- Hidden girl : the true story of a modern- day child slave by Shyima Hall
- Dear nobody : the true diary of Mary Rose by Mary Rose
- The girl who was supposed to die by April Henry
- Breakfast served anytime by Sarah Combs
- What I thought was true by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- The Raft by S.A. Bodeem
- Girl Stolen by April Henry
- Summer of the Wolves by Polly Carlson-Voiles
- Murder Past Due (Cat in the Stacks Mystery, #1) by Miranda James
- Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- All These Things I’ve Done (Birthright #1) by Gabrielle Zevin
- The wolf gift by Anne Rice
Today’s Daily Prompt: A True Saint
In 300 years, if you were to be named the patron saint of X, what would you like X to be? Places, activities, objects — all are fair game.
patron saint of photographs
Why? Because I love photography. I take photos every chance I get. I would love to do a road trip and do a photography blog during my travels. I love making people feel happy from photographs. It inspires me to take more photos.
I had something happen to me long ago. Something I have never told a soul, not even my family or friends. I wanted to tell my story in case it would help others.
If you have triggers about rape or sexual assault, please don’t read any further:
I was assaulted. I remember being taken behind a building where I was held down by one male while another pulled down my jeans and put his fingers inside me. It was so painful. I can’t remember if it went any further than that. The counselor I told that even if there was no intercourse what happened to me is considered rape or sexual assault. She told me how the same exact thing happened to a college student and the men involved went to prison. I told her that I had tried to report it but no one believed me. I told her I felt responsible to the other people these men possibly attacked after me since I didn’t report it. She said it was their fault not mine.
I still regret never reporting. I basically let them get away with it.
Daily Prompt: Ripped from the Headlines:
Click over to whatever website you visit most frequently to get news. Find the third headline on the page. Make sure that headline is in your post. – From http://dailypost.wordpress.com/
Last week, we had below zero temperatures with dangerous wind chills.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -
How much will it cost for the city to repair the water main that broke in downtown Columbus last week?
The 24-inch water main broke near the intersection of North 4th Street and East Gay Street on Jan. 6.
The water main that supplied water to business and government buildings downtown was broken on what was quickly becoming the coldest night in years.
SLIDESHOW: Water Main Break Floods Downtown Streets
For drivers it was horribly inconvenient, and for walkers it was downright dangerous with frigid temperatures and wind chills that caused freezing problems.
Here’s what it will cost the city and thus the taxpayers:
Labor alone will cost about $11,000.
It was an all-hands-on-deck scenario and most of the city workers were on overtime. Fuel and equipment was just more than $11,000.
A new water main, plus the cost of filling it in and repairing the street will cost slightly more at just under $12,000.
In all, the break will cost about $34,000.
Fire and police department personnel were also there, but most of the cost comes from public utilities, which had everything pretty much back to normal in about 24 hours.
I often talk about how I wish I lived in an area where I could live and walk to work. If I had conditions like this, it would have been very difficult. Luckily, I didn’t have to drive that week. My car is 20 years old so I was dropped off. My area of town didn’t have any bad conditions to deal with.
If you could fast forward to a specific date in the future, when would it be? – from http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/daily-prompt-forward/
March 20, 2014 – First day of Spring. I like Spring. The temperature is warm but not hot like summer. My favorite thing to do in the Spring is go to the zoo.
I always like March because every year from 2005 – 2010 we traveled to Memphis, TN.
Gibson Guitar Factory in Memphis, TN
I miss going to Memphis. We probably won’t get to go there again. Our trips were to see my Dad and Memphis but he moved away many years ago and he is retiring in March. He will no longer have a need to take trips there.
We were shopping at Easton Town Center and decided to try Fado Irish Pub. Since I would love to visit Ireland someday, I have always wanted to check this place out. They are located at 4022 Townsfair Way Columbus, OH 43219 in Easton Town Center across the street from Barnes and Noble and Easton Hilton.
Fish and Chips is amazing. I ordered a half order and it was plenty for me.
I hope to visit them again soon.
For more information on Fado Irish Pub, visit : http://www.fadoirishpub.com/columbus/home