I found this idea on Pinterest and Instagram. If you search ” tbr jar ” you can see examples.
If you are like me, you have 300+ books on your “to read” list on Good Reads and you have trouble deciding what book to read.
The things you need:
- Your reading list
- Materials to decorate the outside
1. You can use any type of jar you want. I picked a clear jar so I can see inside. I bought my jar at Target for $1.99 where I also found some labels to label my jar “The Book Jar” but you can decorate your jar any way you like.
2. First you will need to cut the paper to the desired size. I picked colored paper so I could see them inside the jar.
3. Next write down the titles of books you want to read onto the pieces of paper. I picked 20 titles from my Good Reads list.
4. Place all of the pieces of papers into the jar and shake.
I made a list of all of the books I put in the jar to avoid duplicates. For the books that are in a series, I just wrote down the title of the first book. There is something I cannot decide though. If I pick a book that is a series, do I just read that book? Or do I finish the series before I pick from the jar again?
Here is a list of my books to read:
- Until the next time by Kevin Fox
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
- Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery #1) by Laura Childs
- The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1) by Jeanne DuPrau
- Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbooking Mystery #1) by Laura Childs
- Slavery Inc. : the untold story of international sex trafficking by Lydia Cacho
- I Heart New York by Lindsey Keik
- Hidden girl : the true story of a modern- day child slave by Shyima Hall
- Dear nobody : the true diary of Mary Rose by Mary Rose
- The girl who was supposed to die by April Henry
- Breakfast served anytime by Sarah Combs
- What I thought was true by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- The Raft by S.A. Bodeem
- Girl Stolen by April Henry
- Summer of the Wolves by Polly Carlson-Voiles
- Murder Past Due (Cat in the Stacks Mystery, #1) by Miranda James
- Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- All These Things I’ve Done (Birthright #1) by Gabrielle Zevin
- The wolf gift by Anne Rice
I had something happen to me long ago. Something I have never told a soul, not even my family or friends. I wanted to tell my story in case it would help others.
If you have triggers about rape or sexual assault, please don’t read any further:
I was assaulted. I remember being taken behind a building where I was held down by one male while another pulled down my jeans and put his fingers inside me. It was so painful. I can’t remember if it went any further than that. The counselor I told that even if there was no intercourse what happened to me is considered rape or sexual assault. She told me how the same exact thing happened to a college student and the men involved went to prison. I told her that I had tried to report it but no one believed me. I told her I felt responsible to the other people these men possibly attacked after me since I didn’t report it. She said it was their fault not mine.
I still regret never reporting. I basically let them get away with it.
If you could fast forward to a specific date in the future, when would it be? – from http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/daily-prompt-forward/
March 20, 2014 – First day of Spring. I like Spring. The temperature is warm but not hot like summer. My favorite thing to do in the Spring is go to the zoo.
I always like March because every year from 2005 – 2010 we traveled to Memphis, TN.
Gibson Guitar Factory in Memphis, TN
I miss going to Memphis. We probably won’t get to go there again. Our trips were to see my Dad and Memphis but he moved away many years ago and he is retiring in March. He will no longer have a need to take trips there.
We were shopping at Easton Town Center and decided to try Fado Irish Pub. Since I would love to visit Ireland someday, I have always wanted to check this place out. They are located at 4022 Townsfair Way Columbus, OH 43219 in Easton Town Center across the street from Barnes and Noble and Easton Hilton.
Fish and Chips is amazing. I ordered a half order and it was plenty for me.
I hope to visit them again soon.
For more information on Fado Irish Pub, visit : http://www.fadoirishpub.com/columbus/home
Cliffs of Moher from Wikimedia Commons
City of Cork from Wikimedia Commons
Cities in Ireland I would like to visit some day:
Places I would like to go while in Ireland:
- Cliffs of Moher
- Giant’s Causeway
I am sure this list will get longer. I doubt I could ever go since it is in the $1,000s to fly there. But it is still fun to dream.
I made a challenge of things to post about in December
- Favorite Christmas Cookie
- Favorite Christmas Memory
- Something that was on your Christmas wish list as a kid
- Your Christmas wish list now
- Your Christmas Tree
- Favorite Christmas Decoration
- Favorite Christmas candy/candies
- Dream Christmas location
- Favorite Christmas TV Show/Movie
- Christmas tradition growing up
- Christmas tradition now
- Favorite Christmas song(s)
- Favorite place to shop for Christmas
- Recipe for a dish you want to serve at Christmas dinner
- Photos of your Christmas dinner
- Photos of family opening presents
- Keep track of what you get for Christmas so you can thank everyone
- New Years Resolutions