I found this idea on Pinterest and Instagram. If you search ” tbr jar ” you can see examples.
If you are like me, you have 300+ books on your “to read” list on Good Reads and you have trouble deciding what book to read.
The things you need:
- Your reading list
- Materials to decorate the outside
1. You can use any type of jar you want. I picked a clear jar so I can see inside. I bought my jar at Target for $1.99 where I also found some labels to label my jar “The Book Jar” but you can decorate your jar any way you like.
2. First you will need to cut the paper to the desired size. I picked colored paper so I could see them inside the jar.
3. Next write down the titles of books you want to read onto the pieces of paper. I picked 20 titles from my Good Reads list.
4. Place all of the pieces of papers into the jar and shake.
I made a list of all of the books I put in the jar to avoid duplicates. For the books that are in a series, I just wrote down the title of the first book. There is something I cannot decide though. If I pick a book that is a series, do I just read that book? Or do I finish the series before I pick from the jar again?
Here is a list of my books to read:
- Until the next time by Kevin Fox
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
- Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery #1) by Laura Childs
- The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1) by Jeanne DuPrau
- Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbooking Mystery #1) by Laura Childs
- Slavery Inc. : the untold story of international sex trafficking by Lydia Cacho
- I Heart New York by Lindsey Keik
- Hidden girl : the true story of a modern- day child slave by Shyima Hall
- Dear nobody : the true diary of Mary Rose by Mary Rose
- The girl who was supposed to die by April Henry
- Breakfast served anytime by Sarah Combs
- What I thought was true by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- The Raft by S.A. Bodeem
- Girl Stolen by April Henry
- Summer of the Wolves by Polly Carlson-Voiles
- Murder Past Due (Cat in the Stacks Mystery, #1) by Miranda James
- Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- All These Things I’ve Done (Birthright #1) by Gabrielle Zevin
- The wolf gift by Anne Rice